- Education at the post-secondary level
- Sales or Operational experience in the transportation industry preferably in dry van and temperature controlled service (FTL & LTL).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to customer relationship management
- Strong personal ethics
- Excellent contacts in the shipper community.
- Build and exploit a Prospect List for the company’s transportation services in Ontario.
- Understand customer requirements and develop creative/innovative solutions.
- Develop and close proposals to prospects.
- Negotiate rates and quotations to ensure the best solution for both the company and the customer
- Manage customer relationships to ensure revenue maximization and customer satisfaction
- Report sales activities to company management in an accurate and timely manner
- Represent the company in the marketplace and at trade shows/functions in a professional manner